In 1955, Wayne Lundvall started an apprenticeship for Howard Newsome, the owner of Cody Boot Shop. During his time as an apprentice, Wayne learned the boot repair trade. Four years later, he bought the business from Howard and renamed it Wayne's Shoe Shop. In 1973, Wayne purchased a few styles of Nocona boots, and Wayne's Boot Shop began. As his business grew, Tony Lama, Laramie, Redwing Boots, as well as a few other brands, were added to his shop. Wayne's now carries everything from casual and comfort shoes to hiking and hunting boots.